Thursday, February 28, 2008

Residual hauntings......?

There are several types of hauntings. One of them is residual hauntings. Residual hauntings don't involve the presence of spirits. Rather, they' re like the playback of past events.

In residual hauntings, the ghost or spirit doesn't seem to recognize your presence. It's because the ghost or the spirit itself is not really there. According to paranormal experts, building materials like nails or bricks have the ability to "record" events (especially traumatic events) that they "witness" and play them back, just like camcorders do.

Personally, I believe in residual hauntings because I've witnessed them. But I'm not too sure about the "building materials being able to record events" theory. Whatever cause residual hauntings is still a mystery to me. Got any explanation?

5 comments:

Michael J. Cripps said...

Make good friends. This residual hauntings thing is a cool idea, and I'm sure there's a lot out there on the topic. Why not make connections (links, commentaries, etc.) to some of it?

She She said...

I believe its possible for the spirits to not be aware of the poeple and stuff, all of that gets nervous cause I don't know if I could handle actually seeing a ghost and not losing my mind.

Anonymous said...

If this residual haunting stuff is like hypnosis I totally believe in it. The part about buildings being able to record stuff and play back not so sure. It might be possible they can record but the playback part, nah. This reminds me of one of Celene Dion's song "If Walls Could Talk".

Iddan said...

Personal I think this type is all in your head. But then again, I don't really believe in this stuff anyway, however I do find it interesting.

The Benjamite said...

I have never seen a ghost though I know others who claim to. I in general don't believe in ghosts and such anymore in the way that people who are into this subject are.

If I do see one someday I suspect it will because of devine providence rather than some ghoulish disembodied soul looking for someone to terrorize. So residual hauntings? Not that interested. Now demons, whether possessing someone or place that I would believe; dead people not so much.