Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Possession....

From the point of view of believers, demonic possession is generally defined as the 'invasion' of a person's mind by a spiritual entity. There are four types of possession:
-Demonic possession: the person is possessed by a demonic entity.
-Reincarnation: the person's past life is taking over him/her.
-Spiritualism: the person (usually spiritual mediums) contact the dead and is temporarily being taken over by the spirit so other people who are present can communicate with the spirit.
-Channeling: a spirit takes over a person to impart spiritual philosophy.

I personally believe in possession because in her childhood, my mother used to live a haunted house. She said that house was definitely haunted because it was located near a big cemetery and an old hospital. Her neighbors and a couple of my grandfather's servants had seen some ghosts. One day, a relation of my grandparents came for a visit. According to my mother, he was a quiet and reserved young man. Lo and behold, he was possessed by a spirit and sure enough he was acting really weird. He would get angry for no reason at all and he kept saying how he wanted to get married even though he had no girlfriend at the time. He was then taken to a paranormal and the paranormal said that he was possessed by a female spirit. She had fallen in love with him and she possessed him so that she can 'marry' him. The freaky thing is, a couple of months later he passed away. He never recovered from the possession until his death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe in possession because I have witnessed it myself. I used to visit a Pentecostal church years ago where there was a young man who was possessed and they were praying for him. After a while he started to make sounds like a barking dog teared off his shirt, and crawling on the floor. I swear I was ready to bolt outside but didn't because I wanted to see what would happen next. Four people had to hold him down so he didn't tear the rest of us up. His eyes were rolling over in his head too. After about an hour he came back to normal and was sweating like a cow.