Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Exorcism....

Exorcism is an ancient part of many religions and spiritual beliefs, although some beliefs don't believe in exorcism, such as Sikhism and Jainism. It's defined as an action of evicting demons or other spiritual beings from a person's body. People who perform exorcism are usually clergy or people who have the ability to perform it. Exorcists use prayers and other religious materials such as religious icons, symbols, etc. when performing exorcism. I believe in exorcism. I'd seen priests performing exorcism in my church (it's a Catholic church). If you read my previous post, you'd understand why I believe in it.

3 comments:

tawana said...

I have heard several stories about exorcism but never witnessed it my self. I don't think I believe in it though. How can anyone be possessed by a spirit? However, I am a fan of the movie.

Anonymous said...

I believe that people can be possessed by spirits just like when they say the Holy Ghost possess people. I have witnessed exorcism also, but in a Pentecostal church, where it was performed on a young man. I also have seen it performed on a young girl too, but not to the extreme as in the movies. They didn't call it exorcism, they say denouncing unclean spirits but it's the same.

Annette S said...

I believe in possessions and exorcisms though I’ve never witnessed one. However I like to watch films about those things and one of my favorite movies is “The Exorcism of Emily Rose.” They said it was based on a true story.