Monday, April 28, 2008

Orbs....


Ever take a picture and when it's developed, a bunch of semi-transparent balls show up on it? Well those are called orbs. By a dictionary definition, orbs mean a spherical object. But in a paranormal sense, it's not that simple or straightforward.

Some think that orbs are the spirits themselves, appearing in a globular, semi-transparent shape. But some other think that it's not the spirits themselves. Rather, it's the transfer of energy from various sources. See, spirits need energy in order to manifest themselves. They draw energy from battery, electrical lines, people, etc. This theory ties in with a Physics theory which says that energy being transfered in such fashion would take a spherical shape. It also ties in with a high EMF (Electro Magnetic Field) reading in areas where the spirit activity is supposedly active. (http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/orbs.htm)

Not everybody believes that orbs are phenomenon of paranormal nature, that's for sure. And they're not of paranormal nature all the time, anyway. At times, it could be a reflection of a light, dust, dirty lens, precipitation, etc.

One time, I was just going around taking pictures of my neighborhood with my old 4.0 megapixels digi-cam. I got to this street corner of this fancy part of the hood and my camera started acting funny. Through the lens, it looked like there was this big pink blur right in front of me (it was so close, it was literally in my face). When I took the picture, there was nothing there. Then later I remember that when I used to take my dog for a walk, he used to get scared when we get to that area. So scared, that he wouldn't even walk and I had to carry him. Was it just a technical glitch or someone or something was getting curious of me? Hmmm......

7 comments:

Iddan said...

OOOooooo lol. Well it is said that animals can sense presences better than humans. I can't tell you that you didn't actually see another being. Thus I will not make an assumption as to what you really saw. However, I will say that when a person believes strongly enough in something, that thing has a way of manifesting itself.

She She said...

wowwwwwwwwww, I agree I had a deaf dog when i was younger, at least i think he was deaf (anyway) some night he would go to the back yard and stare and bark at something in the dark....Animals I believe sense those things, and maybe your camera picked up on something there.

Kristi said...

something was curious of you but i just ponder why it didn't show up on the picture ? isn't it funny how you can see it through the camera ? i love your blog to me it is like fresh air something so different.

Anonymous said...

One day i was at my cousins house and i took a picture of the sky and saw alot of orbs in the sky and i was like omg

Anonymous said...

One day i was at my cousins house and i took a picture of the sky and saw alot of orbs in the sky and i was like omg

Claire who is better than A Bear said...

Personally, I don't take orbs seriously. Every site I've been to that had a lot of 'orbs' in pictures was always one of the dustier places or outside. This is only my experience however, and I know that some people definitely put a lot of stock into orbs. One of the traits of a good paranormal investigator is to try to think of natural explanations and be skeptical while being accepting, however, and it's a difficult thing to maintain, especially when you're excited because you think you found something.

Anyway, I'm not personally sure if you saw something here or not, but I'll definitely say it's interesting. It could definitely be a camera malfunction, but since your dog wasn't pleased with the area, it backs up the idea of paranormal activity.

Personal experiences are always frustrating because they're hard to verify and confirm. I've done quite a few investigations myself and had some personal experiences that we weren't able to use as evidence because only I experienced them. It was very, very frustrating, especially since it was my first time seeing a partial apparition. We included it, but couldn't put much stock into it.

Anyway, back on track, your experience is interesting.

clover10 said...

Wee time I had an old music box,and then one day it just stoped working.So I put it on my shelf.After about a year I decided to sell it so wile i was walking down the stars i triped and the music box fell to the bottum of the stares.All of a sudden it started playing again. the worst part was......I was home alone.